Special School PartnershipsHawthorns School is one of 6 specialist settings in Tameside that work together to continually improve provision for pupils with Special Needs in Tameside.
This group is known as the SSSP which stands for the Specialist Support Schools Partnership.
Other SSSP Schools
- Oakdale School – supporting children of primary age with severe and complex needs. Most of our pupils transfer from Oakdale.
- Cromwell High School – Supporting secondary aged pupils with Autism (and learning difficulties) and those with severe, complex or profound learning difficulties.
- Hawthorns School – supporting children of primary age with complex needs. Many of our pupils have transferred from Hawthorns.
- Samuel Laycock School – Supporting the needs of secondary school pupils with more moderate learning difficulties- including those with Autism.
- Thomas Ashton School – supporting pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs from KS1-KS3.
- Tameside Pupil Referral Service – supporting pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs at KS4 and pupils permanently excluded from mainstream schools.
Along with the Everyone Learning Teaching School Alliance, based at Hawthorns Schoolhttps://everyonelearning.co.uk/
We are working together to:
- Provide support, challenge and drive improvement across all settings.
- Support the wider educational community in Tameside to promote the progress of all pupils with Special Educational Needs.
We focus on joint Leadership and Management Training, Specialist approaches to assessment, meeting pupils’ needs and sharing ideas about the business management of our schools; including developing Governor links.
We also support the development of subject provision especially in the areas of The Arts and English/Literacy.