Just living is not enough, said the butterfly,
One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.
Hans Christian Anderson
At Hawthorns we believe in the importance of celebrating every achievement each child makes.
Acknowledging progress in every area of school and home life is essential.
- Our belief in the growth of each pupil is shared through the metaphor of the butterfly. By looking at the life cycle of a butterfly, we can compare the challenges and changes our children make in so many areas.
- We want parents and families to join with us in celebrating each learning step.
- We recognise children’s achievements in Class, in Special Assemblies, in Achievers’ Assemblies, through our blogs, in Newsletters, Newspaper Articles, and in as many ways as possible.
- We have a Special Butterfly Book where parents can nominate their child’s name to be entered into the book for any achievement, no matter how small.
- They have their name read out, receive a special butterfly badge, but the most important thing is the celebration.
Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.