Buds Class Staff
|Miss K. Foden||Class Teacher|
|Mrs L. Latham||Teaching Assistant|
|Miss L. Price||Teaching Assistant|
For our class topic we have been looking at different stories. We are currently reading stories from the author Julia Donaldson.
Our first Julia Donaldson story was ‘Room on the Broom’. This was a whole class favourite! We explore our books through different lessons including Attention Autism and speaking and listening. We did lots of activities with this story but we all enjoyed going for a ride on a broom with all the characters and making chocolate broomsticks.
Our next story was ‘Monkey puzzle’ which has lots of different animals. We made a colourful scene adding in all the animals and helped them find their parents.
Our last story will be ‘The Gruffalo’. This is a great story and you can watch it as well as read it, it is currently a short film on the BBC. We will be posting lots of activity ideas on our class twitter page.
Here are a few craft activities from Pinterest linked to The Gruffalo:
Our Class timetable:
· Phonics play- Use the username: ‘march20’ and the password: ‘home’ for free access to great phonics games. Use your child’s PLP to find their phonics targets and set up the game at the correct level for them.
· Twinkl- You can sign up to this website for free using the code ‘UKTWINKLHELPS’. It has lots of resources to download and print.
· YouTube - Shonette Bason-Wood (Dough Disco). If you have play-doh at home these videos are great for developing hand strength and fine motor skills.
· Youtube - 'Cosmic kids yoga'. Lots of great videos that tell stories through the use of yoga.
· Youtube - 'Get Squiggling'. Lots of great videos to help develop pencil control through story telling and creating characters
· Purple Mash - This website has lots of great games and activities that link to all areas of the curriculum. (Please message class staff if you need your login details).
· Education City - This website has lots of great games and activities that link to all areas of the curriculum. (Please message class staff if you need your login details).
· Youtube - 'Kid Zen'. We use Kid Zen during our relaxation times.
· Meet the Numberblocks - This app helps to teach numbers and counting.
· Meet the Alphablocks - This app helps to teach the letter sounds we use in phonics.
· Go Explore from CBeebies - Lots of different games including jigsaws, shape matching and sounds, with the children’s favourite characters.
· Maths age 3-5 - Different number activities with different levels to progress through.
· Maths age 4-6 - Different number activities with different levels to progress through.
· Writing Wizard (Handwriting) - An app to develop fine motor skills and help children learn the shapes of different numbers and letters.
· Numbots - A great app with lots of different number activities and different levels to progress through. (Please message class staff if you need your login details).
· Play-doh Touch - A great app that allows children to create their own characters and games encouraging imagination and developing fine motor skills
· Epic! - This app is full of fiction, non-fiction and read aloud stories. (Please message class staff if you need your login details).